Sunday, February 06, 2022

Born A Woman


“Tears are tears, suffering is suffering, and our feelings are to be trusted.” 
~Gloria Steinem~

Was I Four
Or Was I Three
Was it the 
Wee Bear
Or Was it just
Them Two

I know.
I remember.
I’ve always known.
I’ve always remembered.

I saw the 
Fear in their eyes
When they asked,
Do you Remember 
The Wee Bear?

Yes, haha.
Laughing instead of Crying 
The silent tears still
Falling

Innocence Destroyed
Trust Annihilated
Growth Stunted
Entire Future Changed

Irreversibly Irrevocably Inevitability 

Ancestral Demons
Handed down
Generation after Generation 

The only one who could have
Saved me
Then, and Then again
And Again 

Blinded in her Childish Allegiance 
To Them
And not to Me

Her Body housed me,
Grew me
Gifted me, Life.

Her soul stayed closed to me,
Never let me in
Her heart an Iron Door
Forever Locked

Apologies Amends Acknowledgement 

Accountability!
 
Never to come.

They gave me their Demons,
All Three of Them
Through Misdeeds and Misactions

Now my battle concludes.

Eradication Exorcism Ejection 

Rejecting Shame.

The Shame
Was never mine 
To own

Never belonging to me
Placed on Me
Placed on Woman 

With open hands
I give back
The shame that
You Earned

No comments: