Tuesday, June 04, 2019

Arizona

 

Restful and calm, the warm center of my

being. True to myself, owning my feelings

and actions, non-competitive kindness oozing

from my pores. I find strength - determination

and will from deliberate non-action. Choosing

my choices. Bathing in the exhilaration of the rich notes

of my first song. I walked alone through

the desert after three days with no food

and found that my indifferent inner nature

was no longer harsh but now matched the

outer landscape. Life and strength surrounded

me. The tall saguaro, the gentle giant, stood

before me and we matched. The same

energy pulsating through us, from us, engulfing us. 

Both of us breathing the breath within the breath.

The same life force flowing through each of us,

animating us, driving us to grow tall, to

grow more limbs, to drink more water, to

fulfill our one and only soul's purpose.  I

asked the regal cactus, “Who Dies?” and

he answered: 

We are all born and we all die but it is only the death of the body, the spark that resides within us goes on.  Transfiguration, Transmutation, Transcendence. You are not alone, but every step is your own. Breathe fully into each step and savor it. For no two steps are the same. Do not rush but do not dally. Your purpose is in the steps. Take nothing and no one with you, for we are each on our own journey and I am your companion but not your savior. Find your savior within, we are all one, we are all connected, God resides within us all. Dwell in this contradictive space. Growth only comes from acknowledging our true nature and being completely who we are; if YOU are an otter then embrace your otterness and love who you are, who you were, and who you are becoming. From birth to death is simply a journey home.

No comments: