Thursday, September 28, 2023

Luncheon

Best Friend: “It is so exciting that you are getting married, I am so happy for you! You deserve this happiness. I can see how different you are. You are literally glowing!! I don't think I've ever seen you like this.”

Daughter: “I know... I never thought that I would find love again. And he is such a wonderful man and so kind. I am so happy! And his daughters are such amazing little girls. I can’t wait for you to meet them.”

Mother: “So, when you go to his parents house do they refer to you as HOMEWRECKER? hahaha”

Best Friend: *turns ghostly white and makes direct eye contact with daughter before sadly looking away at menu*

*momentary awkward silence*

Daughter: “Excuse me, I have to go to the restroom.”

Mother: “Make it quick, I’m hungry and want to order!”

No comments: