Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Union


“As Viveka discovered on his archetypal quest, the goal of the reality project is not to disengage from the phenomenal world, but to turn to embrace it more and more deeply and  to discover it’s hidden depths. And in order to do that, paradoxically, we do not reject the vicissitudes of the embodied life. We do not reject suffering. Rather, we turn and go through the doorway to suffering. We turn to embrace our neuroses, our conflicts, our difficult bodies and minds, and we let them be the bridge to a fuller life. Our task is not to free ourselves from the world, but to fully embrace the world and to embrace the real.” ~Stephen Cope~

When I sing to the Lord and chant his name the barriers come down and only 

WE remain. 

Opening the throat chakra, using my real voice I intone my prayer to the Universe. 

Shiva, Destroyer of Illusions, please destroy the illusion that I am separate from you. 

Destroy my limited vision and show me the Cosmic.

You and I are one, there is no separation! 

I exist with you, for you, because of you and in you. 

Without you I am nothing. 

All that I am and all that I do is for you. 

Guide me! 

Hold me! 

Destroy me! 

My Beloved, I surrender.

No comments: