Monday, July 05, 2021

The Dress

Daughter: We’ve finally picked a date for the wedding, I’m so excited!

Mother: Don’t expect your dad and I to pay for it.

Daughter: I wasn’t…

Mother: Don’t sound so sad, we’ll get your dress.

Daughter: No, it’s ok. I wasn’t expecting anything, I was just excited and wanted to let you know the date.

Mother: Are you saying we can’t buy your dress? This is supposed to be a happy time for all of us and now you’re not going to let us help!

Daughter: No, I’m sorry. Of course you can help.

Mother: I’ll start looking at dresses and send you some ideas.

Daughter: I actually found the one that I want. It’s sleeveless with a princess cut.

Mother: You know you’re not a princess.

Daughter: I know… it’s just the style of dress… it’s so pretty… it’s just what I imagined.

Mother: Well, I hope it’s not white, you’re not fooling anyone.

Daughter: ...

No comments: