Thursday, May 19, 2022

Miss Beautiful Tulip


This is my Farewell to you, 

My Beautiful Tulip.

Who would I be, 

If we had never met?

Would I even be,

If you hadn't of been?

Patient - Kind - Sympathetic

Loving - Wise - Understanding

You were everything I needed.

Never Judgmental.

Never Angry.

You were the woman in my life,

my mentor - my mother.

You could listen to me for hours,

And talk for even longer.

Sitting outside on your porch,

The minutes turning into hours...

The hours turning into days...

The days turning into years.

You Knew Me - the real me.

And you loved me.

You offered me advice and guidance,

And wiped my tears when I didn't follow it.

You told me that the saddest thing you ever saw,

Was my lip trembling while I cried.

You said it broke your heart.

And when I was sad,

You would make me

Warm Oatmeal and Pour

Cold Milk on top.

You were my friend,

And I was yours.

You told me all of your secrets, 

Your dreams and your fears,

And I kept them dear.

Feeling honored by your trust and respect.

Thank you.

I love you.

I will miss you. Forever.



No comments: