Tuesday, July 06, 2021

Interior Wilderness


“The fragility of crystal is not a weakness but a fineness. My parents understood that fine crystal glass had to be cared for or may be shattered. But when it came to me, they didn’t seem to know or care that their course of action brought the kind of devastation that could cut them.”

I’ve given away 95% of my possessions.

I’m left with only what I need for survival, and joy.

In less than two weeks I will load my van.

I will leave the Deep South.

And I will leave behind my past.

I will traverse the continent.

I will journey to 6,250 feet of elevation.

I will stop and create a new home.

An interior wilderness to match the external wildness.

I will live with the grizzlies, wolves, bison, and moose.

I will breathe fresh clean crisp mountain air.

And drink from the bubbling pristine streams.

I will heal my body and my soul.

"I will miss you too, but you are wrong if you think that the joy of life comes principally from the joy of human relationships. God's placed it all around us, it is in everything and in anything we can experience. People just need to change the way they look at things."

No comments: