Wednesday, September 04, 2024

Complex

“My parents never loved me. 
And that’s not my fault." 
Stephanie Foo

“Removing my parents from my life protected me, but it did not fix me. The excision was not healing in and of itself. Instead, it cleared the way for me to rebuild. Because now came the hard part: replacing them. Many believe that in order to heal from C-PTSD, we must receive kind and compassionate parenting. If we can’t receive that from our own parents, then we must find a new parent to do the job." 
Stephanie Foo 

 “Let go of the fear and confusion. Stop overwhelming yourself with all that you have to do, and trying to get it right. Get information. Read books. Get help. Then relax. You know more than you think." 
Melody Beattie 



They broke,
On that hill.
The grief pulling
Them into the ground
Down with loss.
If only they had,
Only to know that,
They had not.
Indeed.
Done all they could 
had not done the best,
And now, they cannot
Save THEIR Beloved.
Only death. Remained.
Join us in prayer.

But wait.
Did you?
Did you do the best that you could.
Did you even try?
Give all that you had.
Did you even ask.
Or did you disappear.
Disappoint.
Neglect. Abandon. Desert.
Did you lie,
So that you could be innocent.
Play the victims.

The scarab, worn
Loosely.
Resurrection.
Rebirth.
Redemption.
But how could they
Be forgiven?
Only the living forgive.
The dead Remember.
Hauntingly beautiful 
The world was never 
The place where 
The Sun would shine 
The Moon was the first 
To let go,
And nowhere was:
I’m going on.

To the point, extending 
Keep your eyes open:
How many times do you have to say this before you can even see it in the mirror?

No comments: