Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Cold Hard Winter

“Surrendering is a mental process: it involves taking a split second to stop yourself in your mode of judgment or frustration and have a brief talk with yourself on the spot. Just remind yourself to step back and be a witness rather than a protagonist, which you can do by providing a sanctuary for the feeling you’re judging. Invite Divine natural order in by simply allowing what you’re experiencing to go forward without criticism or control; in this way, you move to the center.”

I allow. Not because I have the control to allow, but because I have no control so I must allow. If you loved me you would try. If you needed me you would try. If I was important, you would make the effort. You would do some thing. You would do anything. You would stop the separation. We would know one another. You would apologize. And you would own your part. And you would make amends to me by changing your behavior in the future and treating me with respect. What is it that we see in this world? Why is the natural order so unnerving.  Pandemic. Loss. Grief. All encapsulated within the seed of new beginnings. A new day. A new year. A new chance. At a new life. 

“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. The courage to change the things I can. And the wisdom to know the difference.”

I will learn to live without you. Just as I once learned to live with you. Learning to live is the hardest lesson we will ever face.

No comments: