Saturday, October 02, 2010

Huntress


I look across the open plain sun burning – glinting. 
I see the wildebeest chasing the lion.
Swarm intelligence propelling her forward and releasing her. 
No longer bound to her instinctual herding principle. 
She has awakened. 
She has left her children to be protected by her clan. 
She will no longer fight only when attacked. 
She will safeguard our future;
the lion senses this power shift and is overwhelmed. 
My huntress has caught her prey. 
She rips into Screaming Flesh. 
The sound eternally seared onto my consciousness. 
She ravages her kill and I cannot avert my gaze. 
The wildebeest looks up at me and whispers: mutiny.

1 comment:

Humberto Dib said...

Hi, I just popped in to say hello, great blog, congratulations!
You can visit mine if you feel like.
Cheers from Argentina!
Humberto.

www.humbertodib.blogspot.com